Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most

It's that time of the week for Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week it is the top ten books I recommend the most.

I feel like these lists might get a little repetitive... ah, who cares.
  • The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Have I conveyed yet how much I love this book?? This is a book that I think lives up to its hype. And I'll recommend it to anyone who talks to me for long enough!
  • The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. Do you need a reason why I recommend this series to the three people in the world who haven't read it?
  • Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. Even after what I'd heard about this being a surprisingly sweet zombie love story, I was still pleasantly surprised. I would recommend this to anyone who thinks they don't like zombies, but like supernatural stuff. And to anyone else.
  • The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer. If, despite recent events, I end up working with kids, I will be making sure the school library has a copy of this book. It is perfect for kids. Twists on classic fairytales and a few new characters thrown in. And big kids will love this too.
  • The Life of Pi by Yann Martell. This is a book I'd recommend to people who like philosophical or spiritual books. It doesn't preach but instead makes you challenge your own perceptions. And there is also a tiger involved.
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I recommend for anyone who loves a swoon-worthy YA romance set in Paris. Always makes me want to go to Paris when I think about this book.
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Still the cream of the crop when it comes to YA dystopian fiction, in my humble opinion.
  • Watching the English by Kate Fox. This book is like seeing my own quirks laid out before me. If you're British, you should read this book because it is one of those books that make you go "Omg, I so do that! That is so true!" If you're not British, you should read it because it will explain why the Brits act like they do. It's one of those popular science-type books, that you can just pick up, open anywhere and read. I love this book.
  • Nefertiti by Michelle Moran. I would recommend this to anyone who like The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Quite a similar set-up but set in the time of the Pharoahs. Fascinating.
  • Finding Himself by Minisinoo. Ok, so this isn't technically a book, but a Harry Potter fanfiction, but I constantly recommend this to anyone who wants really well-written fanfiction. It could be a book! Seriously, one of the best, if not THE best fanfiction I've ever read (which is a lot). (Cedric/Hermione, AU Cedric survives GoF. E-book download here.)

No comments on "Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most"

Leave a Reply