Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Liked MORE/LESS Than I Thought I Would

Tuesday has come around yet again so it is time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top ten books I liked MORE/LESS than I thought I would.

I really enjoyed this week's topic. It really got me thinking about what I had been expecting when I picked up a book.

  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. LESS. I think I didn't like this as much as I expected, even though I really wanted to love it.
  • The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. LESS. Now, I loved the film and I did like the book, but I don't know, I feel like I missed something when I read it... it's on my To Re-Read list.
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. MORE. I just adored this book.
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. LESS. Just didn't live up to its predecessor for me...
  • Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. MORE. I couldn't work out how a zombie/human relationship could work, but this has proved that it most definitely can.
  • The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. MORE. A revelation of a book in terms of taking you on a journey in several different ways. It was a joy to read, especially considering I read it on my iPhone!
  • Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind by Andy Robb. MORE. I was a bit dubious about how good this book was going to be after I bought it on a whim, but the whim definitely paid off. I was laughing from the first page right through to the end.
  • The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory. LESS. After The Other Boleyn Girl, I was hungry for more Tudor stuff, and while this did fulfil the craving, it didn't have the impact of TOBG.
  • Matched by Ally Condie. LESS. I'd heard good things about this series, but so far it hasn't lived up to my expectations.
  • Paper Towns by John Green. LESS. Even though I wax lyrical about John Green, I felt this book was a bit formulaic and I just didn't enjoy it as much as his other books.




12 comments on "Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Liked MORE/LESS Than I Thought I Would"

  1. Anna and the French Kiss really surprised me. I was put off by the cover, but once I read it I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cover makes it seem very chick-litish but it's so cute and fluffy, I couldn't not love it!

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. New follower here! Excellent list! I too Loved Anna and the French Kiss and felt meh about Matched.I think I need to read Warm Bodie - if I already saw the movie, do you think I would still enjoy it?

    CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't seen the film so couldn't tell you whether it's a decent adaption or not but I definitely recommend the book either way :)

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. I thought the same thing about Warm Bodies, and I too ended up loving it so much!

    TTT at Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I picked it up! Who'd've thought you could fancy a zombie? Lol!

      Delete
  4. I've finally got round to reading Warm Bodies and I'm already loving it although like you said definitely curious to see how it all works. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really curious about how the whole human/zombie romance was going to work, but it totally does.

      Delete
  5. Agree on Matched 100%. And Lola, too, though I feel like I'd be lynched for saying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a lot of people with Matched on their lists today so I don't feel to bad about that but Lola on the other hand, we might be in the minority! Lol

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. Great list! Matched made my list this week too! New follower! Would love a follow back, if you get the chance.
    My TTT: http://book-nerdandcritic.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-thought.html

    ReplyDelete