Award Season Prophecies: The Oscars 2013

The Oscars were last night and from what I've seen so far, it looks like it was quite an evening! Jennifer Lawrence fell up the stairs, Daniel Day-Lewis made history (the male version of Meryl Streep??) and the cast of Les Misérables wowed us yet again.

So now to see how I fared in my predictions...

Best Film
Prediction: Argo
Winner: Argo
Yes!

Best Actor
Prediction: Daniel Day-Lewis
Winner: Daniel Day-Lewis
Yes!

Best Actress
Prediction: Jennifer Lawrence
Winner: Jennifer Lawrence
Yes!

Best Supporting Actor
Prediction: Christoph Waltz
Winner: Christoph Waltz
Yes!

Best Supporting Actress
Prediction: Anne Hathaway
Winner: Anne Hathaway
Yes!

Best Original Song
Prediction: "Skyfall" - Skyfall
Winner: "Skyfall" - Skyfall
Yes!

Best Animated Feature
Prediction: Brave
Winner: Brave
Yes!

Best Foreign Language Film
Prediction: Amour
Winner: Amour
Yes!

Best Director
Prediction: Ang Lee - Life of Pi
Winner: Ang Lee - Life of Pi
Yes!

Best Original Screenplay
Prediction: Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained
Winner: Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained
Yes!

Best Adapted Screenplay
Prediction: Chris Terrio - Argo
Winner: Chris Terrio - Argo
Yes!

Best Cinematography
Prediction: Lincoln
Winner: Life of Pi
Oops.

Best Costume Design
Prediction: Anna Karenina
Winner: Anna Karenina
Yes!

Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Prediction: Les Misérables
Winner: Les Misérables
Yes!

Best Original Score
Prediction: André Desplat - Argo
Winner: Mychael Danna - Life of Pi
Oops.

Best Production Design
Prediction: Les Miséables
Winner: Lincoln
Oops.

Best Animated Short
Prediction: Paperman
Winner: Paperman
Yes!

Best Visual Effects
Prediction: Life of Pi
Winner: Life of Pi
Yes!

15/18!

Only three wrong! Booyah!

A lot of these I'm really happy about, and I don't think there were many big upsets were there?

Well that is the last award show of the season, and the last prediction/results post for this year (audience-supplied aww!). I've had a lot of fun speculating over who will win what. I have been wide of the mark a few times but if I do say so myself, I was pretty close to perfect this time ;).

I hope you've enjoyed my predictions, and here's to the next year in film!

No comments on "Award Season Prophecies: The Oscars 2013"

Leave a Reply